I am no longer exaggerating when I say that my English has become HORRIBLE. All my sentences have the most ridiculous structures to them and I'm having a difficult time constructing my thoughts in either language. However, despite this minor setback, I've found that my spanish comprehension (if not verbal skills) have improved a great deal-hooray! I've been here for a month and I haven't once felt homesick. I feel very comfortable here. The people are really great, the culture is stimulating and warm and, the most important aspect of my being is being satisfied, my STOMACH! The food is absolutely...sigh. I don't think I've had a bad meal yet. While many of my friends have complained about their "lack of nutrition" I am having the opposite experience, where I often feel too full from the abundant meals Loli whips up for almuerzo y ceña. Tapas has become a permanent fixture in my week, easing my cravings for patatas bravas, calamarie, olives, etc. My apartment is located in the most beautiful area of Madrid, right near SOL (the center of the city) which is home to tons of shopping, bars, taparias and bakeries. San Gines, the most famous chocolateria in Madrid is located less than 2 blocks from my house. I palacio real is beautiful and its gardens are enchanting. I often journal there before dinner, or go walk my friend Enrique's dog with him around the garden.
Sigh.... estoy contenta.
No comments:
Post a Comment