Thursday, April 2, 2009

Loli's obsession with "la niña"





I'm not quite sure if I've mentioned it before, but if not, Loli's granddaughter (coincidentally named "Sara") is the reason for Lolis existence. She spends around 10 hours a day calling her sons home in Malaga to speak to the 3-year-old, pausing only during the families meal times. I think I would die if I were the daughter-in-law. Several weeks ago, I was privileged enough to receive a file (unannounced) containing over 60 photos of Sara sent by her daughter-in-law. I was then asked to open each file (individually!) for their viewing pleasure. "Ohhhhh ahh! Que mona estas!" Loli would say to each photo. Later, I received a blank disc on my bureau with a note instructing me to download all the photos to my computer and put them on the disc. I soon discovered that this task is far more time consuming and daunting then originally anticipated. Loli, who does not own a computer of her own-what's the point when she can use those of her residents!- feels that this process is very simple and should be put first on my list of priorities. Thank goodness I love her so much..The child looks FREAKISHLY similar to Loli. Here are some photos of Sara dressed up for Carnaval, as well as a picture of Loli's shrine to Sara..

No comments:

Post a Comment